Reasons to Love and Appreciate Your Body
Can’t think of anything nice to say about your body? Here are some reasons to appreciate and love yourself:
- Think of your body as having ears because it is a part of your subconscious mind. By projecting negative thoughts on to your body, you are actually reinforcing the very root of your weight issue. The reason most people gain weight is because they fill themselves with food to make up for a lack of love.
- Loving your body does not require you to be perfectly happy with every aspect of it. It simply means you are in rapport with your body, grateful for the amazing gift that it is, and appreciative for the many pleasures it offers. When you love your body you will feel good about who you are, and you’ll feel more attractive, all of which will help your inner light shine more brightly.
- Four years after cancer, and at 58 years old, my body is in its wrinkly, dimply, saggy stages and I am 100 percent content with it. I dress to flatter my assets and certain parts of my body will no longer be shown in public, but I am not depressed about that. I am just glad to be here. I would say thata surprising benefit to cancer is the release from body hatred. I just don’t think about it anymore.
- Consider all that your body has done for you in the past and the present, and all that you are hoping it will provide for your future. Loving your body involves more than “how you look” and whether you should lose a few pounds.
- When you’re critical and judgmental about your body, it can easily attract other negativity into your life, including negative people.These interactions cause negative emotions which release chemicals into our bodies that often lead to illness. The good news is that the opposite is also true! The more you accept and love your body, the more you’ll tend to create a positive environment. Positive emotions are wonderful for us both physically and emotionally.