- Powerlessness: ‘Admit that you have it’
- Support group: ‘You need people that speak the same language’
- Community: ‘Be around people who make you better. People who are doing fun things and really living life’
- Spiritual Food: ‘Think of the body like a banana. The peel is your appearance and the banana is your soul. Feed the banana and fill your spiritual place, your soul’
- Volunteering: ‘It helps you get out of yourself. Ask yourself how much time you spend on your banana peel and how much time you spend on the banana. You should be spending more time feeding the banana, your soul, but they are interactive. The spirit, body and soul work together’
This is from an excerpt from an interview with Lee Wolfe Blum, an eating disorder survivor, health educator, and speaker (read the full article here).