15 Quick Boosters to Restore Your Body Image
For those days, here’s a list of 10 things you can do to boost your body image, whether directly or indirectly:
1. Refuse to create or listen to negative thoughts. If these thoughts still pop up, just accept that they’re present, but don’t pay them much mind.
2. Take a few deep breaths to center yourself and calm down.
3. Listen to whatever music makes you happy, whether that’s Britney or Beethoven.
4. Smile at yourself in the mirror.
5. Wear something that makes you feel comfortable.
6. Put on your fave perfume.
7. Thank someone you love for being there for you.
8. Write one thing you love about yourself or one thing you’re grateful for.
9. Apply lip gloss.
10. Stretch for a few minutes.
11. Toss one thing that’s holding back your body image, whether that’s a pro-thin, guilt-inducing magazine or an old pair of jeans several sizes too small (it’s probably better to donate those).
12. Think of your fave physical activity and schedule it in for a day this week.
13. Go to bed 30 minutes to an hour earlier if you’re sleep-deprived.
14. Eat a nutrient-rich food that always restores your energy (like a yum fruit or veggie).
15. Identify one emotion that you’re feeling. Just identifying one feeling helps you better understand yourself, and give you a good idea of how to proceed (and what healthy coping technique to pick). Becoming in tune with your emotions is vital to your mental and physical health.